It’s that time of week to remember those things for which we are thankful. Let’s get at it!
1. – 8. Daily thanks and Raleigh NC Bloggers group of which I have been a member for several months. This month some of us are doing daily gratitude posts. Here are mine:
Every day is a great day to be grateful!
What would my life be with without color? I suppose I would have to adjust quite a bit, but today I don’t need to do that.
Peaceful days are the best days of all and it’s important to find a bit of peace in each day. One of the soothing things that I picked up after a long hiatus, is crochet. I forgot how it calms me.
This is dedicated to my dear, departed sister who made it her mission to see that her grandchildren knew where to find the good ice!
Italian Soup – Yum
We had water main issues and they are fixed. I am so grateful!!
Just kidding and not kidding 😉
Friday’s and French fries! Yum!
9. Daughter is coming TODAY!!
10. And for YOU!! What are your thankfuls? Please join in and share!
It’s time again to reflect on the past week and the many things for which gratitude can be expressed. Would you like to join us? You can go to this link: TTOT and join in! We would love to have you!
Photo taken at New Bern NC where I enjoyed more interesting patterns.
1. 2. Poundage is still becoming lessage 🙂 The pool helps.
3. Tea for health. When shopping with my errand buddy last week, she introduced me to a Numi brand Chai without caffeine. In the evening, I have a cup of tea to help me relax and this new one hits the spot! And there was a nice turmeric tea with some other spices, which helps the joints, so I added that. Yum to the tum.
4. Sleep. I have had a better week of sleep. Maybe the tea helped. I couldn’t get to the pool as much, but I got there some.
5. Throat Lozenges – I often have a dry throat and many things I cannot tolerate, but I found that these Ricola Lemon Mint Sugar Free lozenges help. I don’t know why my throat gets this way, but I’m just grateful there’s some relief.
6. 6SS – Yep – I am still going strong with the Six Sentence Story. This week’s story is about simplifying life. Maybe you would like to read it. I am happy for a simpler life. Here’s the LINK
7. Poetry – I am excited about this coming Sunday’s event which I have been promoting. As one of the editors of this phenomenal poet Aruna Gurumurthy’s last book as well as the current book she is working on, I am fortunate to gain so much from this experience. Here’s her most recent book:
8. Pathways – So much in life involves decisions about which path to take and sometimes revisiting old paths for a different perspective, maybe with more mature eyes. I am grateful for the many pathways I have traveled and for the ones I have yet to explore.
9. My dear friend who has had a pickle of a time with illness and for the glimpses of goodness she experienced this week. I pray more than glimpses come to her this week.
10. This came yesterday. I actually stalk my mailbox for this magazine. Yes…I love it that much!
So, there you have it! My 10 and I bet you have 10 too! Disclaimer: While I may edit many works I do not edit my TTOT posts, so have mercy on me.
It is the 6th anniversary of TTOT and I am just a baby amongst this fine group of people. If you want to add to the party go to this LINK
Open Garden – We went to the Open Garden event in here is Raleigh. They have this once a month during garden season. It was lovely to see so many pretty flowers and to watch the industry in action. Nice that they allow people to come in and take a look. Here are some pics:
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Same handsome fellow I saw at Tryon. I think he likes me.
2. Health – We have been spending a lot of time at the pool and that always helps the joints and sleep! WOOHOO!! Also, I am still losing poundage.
3. The Kid – She is coming this weekend! Always cause to celebrate and make her favorites.
4. Writing – I am always working on projects and they are going well. My secret is almost ready to share.
5. Six Sentence Story – Here’s my latest one for this. No acrostic this week, so bear with me. Spaghetti and Meatballs
6. Poetry – So, I responded to this one, Go see if you can find me: Living Poetry
7. Getting Venues – As one of my jobs, I used to do community events for drug awareness and those old skills have come in handy as I am working on a project which requires finding places to meet.
8. Ten Things of Thankful! This is the SIXTH anniversary and I am thankful to have found this group through Wendy. Go see her blog at: Picnic With Ants I am grateful for Wendy. We met many years ago at a fibromyalgia group and have been friend ever since.
9. Fresh Produce – Most of what I cook is from fresh produce. As the crops of the country may be affected by all of the flooding, I have an even greater appreciation for having this produce. And I am super grateful for farmers for making this happen. Did I mention that local blueberries are available? Oh, they are so sweet!!
10. Summer Opportunities. Everywhere I look there is something going on for the summer. I go to Facebook events and can find something for about any day of the week and many of these things are free. If you want to find something to do, to get out of the house or a rut, I suggest checking calendars around as there is always something to do. Volunteering is also a good one.
It’s that time again to think of all the wonderful things of which to be grateful. It’s also Easter and that’s always special. Let’s just hop to it!
1. April 15 is past!! WOOHOO!!
2. Daughter is here for a few days and enjoying her being here and super duper news is that she was recognized for all the years she has been a volunteer at the thrift store. Here she is in all her smilyness!!
3. I made the cut!! Read about it HERE Serious Flash Fiction accepted my piece for their anthology. Thanks to D. Avery for sharing about this and for also being included. She has been doing wonderful works with her blog!
4. I’m still staying consistent with Six Sentence Story. Here’s my latest: Every 1000 Miles I’ve already edited it a couple of times.
5. Oh my goodness!! National Poetry Month is keeping me honest! So far, I have written a poem every day. One rule I have is that it has to be in the raw, with very little editing. If I catch something later, I can change it. It’s more about discipline than perfection. Here’s the last one from yesterday. I’m doing today’s after this blog post. Little Did I Know
6. The weather has been amazing!! It’s supposed to storm today, but it’s been nice enough to do some walking. I don’t go far, but I enjoy the fresh air. Pollen has been snarky, but it’s better now.
7. The after tax season two days off were lovely and we went Putt-Putting. There were several families out there! I think school must be out for the week.
8. Book Club coming! Our community is going to start a book club. It was one of my suggestions and they are going for it! WOOHOO!!
9. Interview with a poet. Last week, I interviewed a fellow poet at the clubhouse. It has been years since I have done anything like this. I do know that I would not want to do this on a regular basis because of stress, but I enjoyed this one as it was pretty much a conversation. I admire the work of this lady and here’s the video: Interview with Aruna Gurumurthy
10. I have been doing a series about the Muse. Here’s the last one I posted and I have another in the process. It’s been a fun project. My sister has often given me ideas and although she is on the other side of the veil, I still hear her musing me. Last night I had a dream and she decided in the dream to go spend some time with another family member. I suppose I should share her, but I hope she comes back soon.
That’s it! Now it’s your turn. What are your TTOT? Click on this link for more!!
It’s that time again to share the Ten Things of Thankful and I have so much, I am bursting at the seams!
1. I am seeing April 15 in the light at the end of the tunnel.
2. Loss of 1# this past week. And the new plan is working well. I am getting my nutrition in without feeling deprived.
3. I made it to Chapel Hill and back without too much trouble. Challenges with anxiety have been looming, but I am gradually getting better. Let’s hope the treatment continues to help. I have back up, but don’t like to use it.
4. My teeth are closer to being fixed. I had to chuckle at the doctor when she was helping the student. My phone was in my lap and I have a Wonder Woman sticker on the back. It’s not just the way to claim my phone, but also represents my belief that all women have the ability to view themselves as Wonder Woman. Anyway, the lady doctor gasped and said “Oh! Wonder Woman!” That helped me feel assured I am in good hands.
5. Easter is around the bend and my daughter will be coming here for a few days.
6. My “niece” had a sweet baby boy on March 31. Zackariah Nathanial is beautiful! He greets his sister Savanna and she’s in love with her little brother. It reminds me when my little brother, Jeffrey, was born, when I was 5. It was a real live baby doll!
7. It’s National Poetry Month and I have been writing a new poem every day. Here is the latest: I Am Jealous of Leo