It’s day 3 of National Poetry Month! How’s everybody doing? So, today’s prompt is “Queen.” Let’s see what royally fun poetry we can write with this prompt. It’s going to be royally fun! And if you prefer the queen of hearts, then here’s your chance! Maybe even Queen the rock group. So many possibilities reign here.
Let’s also give our proper respect to the master prompter Robert Lee Brewer and if you would like to participate in his wonderful prompt of this day you can go to Poetic Asides.
It’s that time again for TTOT! It may be Friday the 13th, but it’s also soon to be Lucky Saint Patrick’s Day! So, I am putting my best betting on the lucky 4-Leaf Clover of hope!! Without further ado-let’s get the party started!
1.2. Books – In light of the pandemic, it’s great to have a stack of books from the library and a well loaded e-reader. This is what I am currently reading:
I thought I lost this book and searched all over, but it was in a briefcase, so thankful #2 is that my book was found. It’s a good book, so far.
3. Puzzles – Daughter loves to put puzzles together, me not as much, but she’s happy to have the dining table to leave her puzzle out. She’s working on a black and white puzzle which you then color. Some of the pieces she has already colored as she has assembled it once before.
4. Ice Cream – I am happy to have an ice cream freezer! One thing I did learn is not to put the gel cylinder in the dishwasher. While I did not do this, someone else did and I may have to get another. The good news is that it still makes milk shakes and you can always freeze afterward and have ice cream. When there’s a will there is a way. I have a great low carb recipe and have made it dairy free by using nut milk.
5. Six Sentence Story – I am still going strong with this weekly challenge. I’ve been working on sort of a theme with a couple and this is this weeks results.
It’s called Routines of Love
6. Rainy Days – While I am not a fan of driving in rain I do enjoy some rain to refresh the environment.
7. 8. Netflix and Choices – I am grateful to be able to have Netflix so I can watch stuff when the world is trying to send news I don’t want to hear. I turn on some old Andy Griffith and escape for awhile. Also, there are plenty of choices otherwise. It’s nice to be able to have choices.
9. Health Care – I am grateful to have good health care.
10. And lastly but not leastly here’s your place at the table of thankfuls. What have you to say? Let us know ❤ Can we break bread together in gratitude?
Photo by Miti on Unsplash
Should you desire to join in, you can go to this blue box and add yours. Also, you can read other thankfuls!!
Happy Valentine’s Day to y’all! It’s TTOT time so let’s get to the sweetness!
1. I am bubbling over with excitement! A manuscript was accepted for publication for which I was the Poetry Editor! I am excited for the poet and for my contribution.
2. Coffee at the Clubhouse – that I can walk to the clubhouse in the community and enjoy a cup of coffee or tea.
3. Books – I have been reading an interesting book called Dear Mrs. Bird set in the days of Hitler. I am finding it interesting and grateful I found a large print edition at the library.
4. Last Back Treatment today! – I get the last treatment on my back today, then a 6-8 week follow up is next. Next is dentist time! Grateful for health care.
5. 6. 7. 8. Friendly people – I was talking to tech support for my internet yesterday. While they weren’t able to help me, we had the nicest conversation. I love it when you connect with friendly people. And later I was able to resolve the issues with the aid of Google and techies who post helpful stuff. It all began with a new router which I got for a decent price. So I am counting all four as thankfuls!
9. Birthday with Daughter was so nice! We went out to eat at Vic’s Italian (yay Groupon) and Menchie’s for dessert! She was very happy with that combination. I think she was most pleased with her gifts which were all things to wear. Bonus was that Food Lion had frozen gluten free and dairy free cupcakes so we picked up a couple of packs for her celebration at her house with her friends. They looked delicious and pretty. She said they were!
Oh and by the way I used Rakuten and got cash back from my Groupon purchase!!
10. Lastly but not leastly this place is saved for you! Come sit at the table of gratitude and share your happiness!
Welcome to TTOT and the first February 2020 Leap Year post! Without a lot of fuss I am going to blow right in!
1. WOOWEE Was it every so windy today! BUT! It was not raining too much 🙂 It was buckets and flying windys yesterday, but it could have been worse. Power flickered and played hide and seek with us and we survived just fine. It’s doing without that helps our character, right?
2. Smooooothe sailing for the Real ID today! I took my soon to be 44 year old daughter to get her Real ID – in case you don’t know about it – it’s a thing you need for reasons such as flying, entering a Federal building, and important stuff like that. I would have gotten mine too (since we’re supposed to have them by October) but I am just past the window to have to pay twice. We only had an hour wait and there was a full house at the DMV. I think several were there for licenses. And with it being windy the DMV official announced it might be a “never” for getting driving tests today. YIKES!! I hope that didn’t come out to be true.
3. Health – I have been getting these treatments for my neck and back and got the first on for my back this week. It went very well. It was done quickly and I did not take anything medicated (sleepy making) to relax. I am feeling good effects from it. And I graduated from Physical Therapy on Monday and just have to do home exercises, so it’s all good. Here is the link to help explain what the Radiofrequency Ablation is.
4. Opportunity for Artistic Focus – I have participated in inspired art with Elizabeth Foley and she invited me to participate this month to be a part of this activity again. I am grateful as it gets my creative juices going.
5. Daughter is here and we are celebrating her birthday on Saturday! I can’t believe she will be 44! Where does the time go? Seems like it was just yesterday that this sweet little 8 year old found her way into my heart instantly! She resides there closer that ever and I cherish these times together. She’s gonna be reading this post, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Jodi!!
6. Support – I had an excellent meeting with other writers on Wednesday. It helps a lot to have real time support from other writers and I hope I offer the same to them. Writing is mostly an isolated career, but sometimes you need a little help from your friends.
7. 8. 9. Observations – I was at the Starbucks at the grocery store with Jodi and we were having her celebratory hot chocolate (they added butterscotch a positive experiment) and my coffee (yeah, I’m boring). I observed a lady eating a pastry. She was taking her time nibbling her way around it and savoring every bite. It made me think about how in life we can get in such a hurry and consume food so fast and not take the time to enjoy. It took her quite a while to finish and I could tell by the look on her face that she was thoroughly enjoying every bit. I looked over at the produce section and saw the colors of apples on display and wondered how many people pay attention to the care that the produce folks take. Then there was the checkout lady who was super friendly, even though she said she had stayed very busy, she loved what she did, it was clear to see and she took just the right care of the groceries, packing them just right.
10. And then there’s you! We got to the end of this and there is a blue link where you can post and share your thankfuls. So, how about it? Even just one is fine. And if you are in a hurry, just comment your thankful. And have an awesome week!
5. Weather! It has been BEAUTIFUL!!! Even today, as the temps have cooled, it is still so lovely outside!!
6. People who don’t speak the same language and are the eyes of love. That’s a mouthful! I met a couple at the grocery store coffee shop. He was getting his wife some coffee and taking the cream to her and I remarked how he was so sweet and it ended up being a conversation. He was speaking Spanish and I English and yet he, his wife, and I had a lovely chat of sorts. Love conquers all!
7. My Heated Wrap – I know I mentioned this before, but I cannot be thankful enough for this heated wrap my friend bought me. With the cool, damp weather, the old bones get achey and I actually keep this plugged in and turn it on. I love it. Sounds like a commercial LOL But I do love having this warm hug every day.
8. Weight Loss – it’s back on track. I always have a hard December, but I am back on track! WOOHOO!!
9. Exercises – I am doing physical therapy for my neck and spine and I am grateful to have homework and that I was able to improvise with my floor work as it’s hard to get up and down from the floor and I have figured out a way to get my exercises and not jeopardize my knees.
10 You! I am grateful for you and hope to hear your thankfuls!