Good Afternoon! It’s that time again for Ten Things of Thankful! Let’s get at it!
1. 2. Fall coolness – it’s awesome to be heading into sweater weather. This is my favorite time of year and while I don’t have to rake leaves (Thankful #2) it’s a great time to get outdoors and take a walk about.
3. 4. 5. Good week for writing and I was able to get something written every day. Especially I am thankful (#4) for Six Sentence Story and (5) I Write Her. Here’s what happened on those two: Six Sentence StoryIWriteHer
6. Halloween month – I just like it – carry on
7. As this month has a special day for infant loss awareness I rewrote a poem that I wrote about my own experience. I am grateful for being able to write this poem with the assurance of hope. Here is Forever My Sweet Soul and it is a Friend link from Medium so you won’t get a pop up about having to be a member to read. It will eventually get on my blog.
8. Blood Work was AWESOME!!
9. The cold I was getting has left the building!
10. Your turn to leave you happy thoughts! So, hop to it, ydoncha???
Good Morning all my thankful people! It’s time for TTOT! Let’s get the party started!!
1. Kristi, the wonderful person who keeps us going on here, and I have been communicating outside the group. Yes! And I really enjoy chatting with her. Such positive energy! AND AND AND She went to my old town where I lived for 22 years (other than a couple of short leaves and returns). She even took a picture of the house I lived in from 1977-1992. Isn’t that such so sweet of her?
2. Inktober! It’s keeping me on task to do a post every day to respond to the themes. I am grateful for the opportunity to use my drawing skillz and to allow myself to fumble. It is important to me to not spend too much time on these drawings as I am trying to practice acceptance and it’s working, for the most part. There are some I spend more time on, but it’s usually because I change my mind in the middle of drawing. Here’s my weeks worth.
Theme: Build and I noticed that the actual pics of beehives are not the perfect cells as depicted in graphics
Theme: Husky – I gave mine smiling eyes
3. Weekly Art Group – I started back to going to the senior group for painting. We do a variety, but mostly watercolor. It’s a lovely group and a great way of getting a happy shot in the arm. I’ve been trying to get back to this group and it’s now possible since I made some significant changes in my life. I created some background art for blogging and such. Here’s a sample:
4. Super Short Story success! I have been trying to get these stories in the right hands and the two I submitted this week were both accepted. Here’s the first one and the next one will come out next Friday. Saving Dad
I will also be posting this on my blog later for those who prefer not to view on Medium.
5. Lately, I have been having sleeping issues and I started having my Kindle read to me. It’s working 🙂 This week it has been a lovely book of short essays and I enjoy them so much. They don’t put me to sleep, but the Kindle lady voice is soothing me. I do go back and replay where I remember leaving off. This is the book in case you want to have a look.
6. Weather – It has been so beautiful this week! It’s needing to rain, so they say, but I am enjoying the sunny days and cool nights. It can stay this way for a little longer.
7. Unsplash is an awesome way to get pretty pictures for blogs and such. It’s free and a nice courtesy to credit the photographer. I love it! I am so grateful for this. I use some of the photos for inspiration and color guides for painting. Here’s a pretty fall one: Cayla1
8. Six Sentence Story – I have not mentioned this lately and it’s something I keep up weekly. Here’s the latest: Notes of the Night I am grateful for Denise and her devotion to keeping this going.
9. Daughter finished swimming lessons and is now able to navigate deeper waters. WIN!!! I met her at the pool and she received a celebratory hot chocolate 🙂
10. And this is where you get a chance to share your gratitudes. Be it one or more, just hop on in and give us a try. Come jump in the leaves of TTOT!!
taken at JC Raulston Arboretum – Raleigh NC by Lisa Tomey
It’s time again to think about all the things to be very grateful about! Let’s get at it!
Arboretum – Right here in Raleigh Nc, just a stone’s throw from my home is the JC Raulston Arboretum. I missed mentioning that we went here before my last thankfuls, so this is a thankful bonus! Here’s some info: JC Raulston Arboretum
Pretty in Pink
A nice flock
The Reds Have it!
This fellow, his keeps showing up for my photo shoots!
2. Kindness Project – I had the opportunity to write up to five poems about kindness and submitted them. They did not get accepted, but I submitted them elsewhere. Hoping they find the right home where they can be loved on. I would share them here, but they can’t be published anywhere at all until they are accepted. I am thinking this is going to happen. Lessons learned long ago: Always have a Plan B!
3. Inktober! It’s Inktober time where each day you create an ink drawing to the prompt for that day. I have made it to today and today’s is still churning in my brain matter. Here’s what I have done so far. Here’s the link for Inktober if you would like to join: Inktober Information
4. Emerg N C – We are doing some preventative medicine around here due to the feels of the flu and cold season creeping up. I can’t take a flu shot, so this helps. I am grateful for alternatives.
5. New Adventures! A new grocery chain store opened in Raleigh. We went to check it out and while it seemed to make many people happy, it was not our cup of tea. I am grateful for choices. Many people don’t have the large variety of stores that we have here.
6. Fall is coming, really it is…I say as the temps of NC are still acting all summery. Mother Nature is promising to turn over the leaves very soon, so I am being patient and enjoying going out without worry of rain. Rainy days are stay in days for me, for the most part, so a day of sunshine means I can go about freely. WOOHOO!!
7. Those who regularly follow my blog may have noticed that I am putting more Medium links in here. This is because I write regularly on Medium and it’s easier to put things in one place and do a share link. But, not everybody uses Medium, so I am putting poetry on here, as well, starting yesterday.
8. Speaking of Medium! I am a regular contributor to The Cotton Thread and my first poem to be featured was Fall Fever, which I posted on here, as well. Here is the link to Fall Fever
9. Support – There is a group of writers who meet monthly at a bookstore and I love getting together and supporting one another. I am so grateful for the energy from this group.
10. And it’s time to come to a close for this week and to open a door for you, yes YOU, to join in TTOT and sharing your gratitudes! I doesn’t have to be 10, it can be 1 – I do know that the more we think in terms of being grateful the better the chances for turning those leaves into good mulch for growth and future harvest. Won’t you be my neighbor?
Where has the month gone? It’s already the edge of October! Well, let’s get this party started. Noisemakers are optional, but I hope you find some things to WOOHOO about.
1. Witnessing an Act of Kindness. I was grocery shopping and a lady could not pay for her groceries and the person in front of me offered to pay. She sweetly declined, but it was so nice to witness such kindness.
2. Painting again – I was able to attend the weekly watercolor group, something I have not been able to do. It was fun to get together with this nice group of people and to learn I still have skills.
3. 19 days left of tax season.
4. Daughter is coming for the weekend.
5. A health concern turned into nothing. After more thorough testing, I am AOK. Grateful for a doctor who takes me seriously.
6. Encouragement about a project. While I was feeling sad about a rejection, I turned it into a new submission to another publisher and it’s being reviewed. Well, the original rejecting group rep assured me to keep trying to submit. So, I feel better.
7. My story which asked to be told in a poem has gotten attention. Since it is about SAD it made me happy because it may reach people in need.
8. Seasons moving to my favorite. Fall is my favorite season as it’s so much nicer outside. In Raleigh, you can see some changes with the colors of the leaves. I missed that when I moved from the Midwest to the coast and now I have it here.
9. Two Invitations to write to platforms.
10. And this last spot is for YOU! Come join in the TTOT. It’s slowed down lately and it would sure be nice to have you back, if you’ve been here, and to welcome newbies. You just gotta click on that link to add your story. If you get stuck adding, I can do it for you. Just ask.