It’s time again for the TTOT!! Be sure and join us by going to this LINK
I’m one day late to post, but it looks like I’m not alone, nonetheless, I will do my best to help get the party started!!
1. The Pool and The Sunshine. Both are helping my spirits. There’s a pool party today, but I have other responsibilities, but they will have to carry on without me. It’s all good. I hit the pool this morning.
2. Sweet presents! I received the TTOT sticky note pad from Kristi yesterday. And she put in the sweetest note! I love when I get something in the real mail and such kind words.
3. Nice Weather. It has been pleasantly cool and sunny with not so much rain. This also helps me SMILE!!
4. & 5. Venues – Adobe Spark – I am organizing a poetry reading for this month and I asked a place I love to go to for coffee, writing and reading and they said YES!!! Here’s the poster I made on Adobe Spark And I will give them a shout out of THANKS too!!
6. My surprise is still cooking.
7. Challenges – Six Sentence Story always challenges my brain. Here’s this weeks on this LINK
8. Fathers or in my case “Daddy” and how can I not pay my respects to the man and his life devoted to all of us? And on top of Father’s Day, his birthday is coming up. Happy Heavenly Birthday and Father’s Day to Daddy.
9. My TTOT Family who have become so important to my life. I read every post and this past week took me 3 days to get through all of them!
10. New Adventures! Summer brings with it many opportunities to explore the various offerings. Why not shake off the cares and enjoy the world!
It is the 6th anniversary of TTOT and I am just a baby amongst this fine group of people. If you want to add to the party go to this LINK
Open Garden – We went to the Open Garden event in here is Raleigh. They have this once a month during garden season. It was lovely to see so many pretty flowers and to watch the industry in action. Nice that they allow people to come in and take a look. Here are some pics:
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Same handsome fellow I saw at Tryon. I think he likes me.
2. Health – We have been spending a lot of time at the pool and that always helps the joints and sleep! WOOHOO!! Also, I am still losing poundage.
3. The Kid – She is coming this weekend! Always cause to celebrate and make her favorites.
4. Writing – I am always working on projects and they are going well. My secret is almost ready to share.
5. Six Sentence Story – Here’s my latest one for this. No acrostic this week, so bear with me. Spaghetti and Meatballs
6. Poetry – So, I responded to this one, Go see if you can find me: Living Poetry
7. Getting Venues – As one of my jobs, I used to do community events for drug awareness and those old skills have come in handy as I am working on a project which requires finding places to meet.
8. Ten Things of Thankful! This is the SIXTH anniversary and I am thankful to have found this group through Wendy. Go see her blog at: Picnic With Ants I am grateful for Wendy. We met many years ago at a fibromyalgia group and have been friend ever since.
9. Fresh Produce – Most of what I cook is from fresh produce. As the crops of the country may be affected by all of the flooding, I have an even greater appreciation for having this produce. And I am super grateful for farmers for making this happen. Did I mention that local blueberries are available? Oh, they are so sweet!!
10. Summer Opportunities. Everywhere I look there is something going on for the summer. I go to Facebook events and can find something for about any day of the week and many of these things are free. If you want to find something to do, to get out of the house or a rut, I suggest checking calendars around as there is always something to do. Volunteering is also a good one.
It’s Friday and that means it is time for Ten Things of Thankful or TTOT! You might want to join us and if so you can go this this LINK
1. Secret Project – This has been completed for the first phase and TBA when completely done. It feels weird to have it completed and now I have to do another one, just not sure what.
2. Six Sentence Story – Still going strong even if I am often the last one in the gate (partly due to #1 ^^^) Here’s this weeks: Mountain Climbing
3. Wednesday Poetry Prompt on Poetic Asides. Here’s my poem: Briefly Speaking I didn’t finish this until this morning because of #1 ^^^
Swimming – the pool opened and it has been wonderful and is starting to help my sleep, so that’s a double gratitude!
Cousin and Charlotte visit – We did go see our cousin Cheryl and her bestie Terry last Saturday and had a lovely visit. Terry is selling a huge estate and she has lots of Elvis stuff along with lots of books and country music albums. Oh my! Wishing Cheryl a safe trip back to Iowa and hoping the flood waters recede.
7. First Responders – With the hugely overtaken lands in the Midwest, I am grateful for those who brave all this to help others. Also, those who simply help for the spirit of helping. “Reach out and touch somebody’s hand…”
8. 9. Books and Veterans – I met this fellow at the flea market where he sells books. Nice fellow who let me take his picture.
A picture I took at New Bern NC Tryon Palace grounds.
Good Morning and Happy Ten Things of Thankful Day!!
As we go into Memorial Day Weekend I am thinking of those who did not return from wars. As I am not certain of my complete family history, I don’t know who did not return. I wish I had done better about keeping track of things. Mom would know, but she’s on the other side. One thing I do know is that when you have people away fighting wars, as I do remember that part of it in my family, it is scary. My Grandmother Hall had a rough time of it when her boys were fighting WW II. They all came back, but every time Grandma would hear something about the war she would be so afraid that one of her sons was affected. I don’t remember hearing what it was like for Grandma Tomey, but I know she had all of her sons in the war. Both would have been a Blue Star Mother which was started during WW II. I remember a letter stating this for Grandma Tomey.
Several years ago, we attended the wedding of a sweet couple. He was in the military and going back for another deployment. After the wedding they took off on a honeymoon, cherishing the time they had together before he had to return to duty. Sadly, he did not return. He died a hero, putting himself in the protection of his troops. I only met him at the wedding, but I know his wife, who was my co-worker, and I remember their devotion to each other. His loss cut to my heart for the pain she endured and I am sure there are still those pains, for her. Love has no end when we lose those we love, it lives on with memories and with the impact we make in our lives. Such a person that she is, that love does live on.
So, it’s only natural that my #1 Gratitude is for those who have sacrificed for our freedom and those left behind who have supported them all the way.
2. Last year I posted a story about suicide and I just this week was asked to contribute to Noteworthy Journal, a part of Medium. Here is the POST I am grateful if this can reach more people, the whole purpose of accepting this honor, as this is a most important topic, close to my heart.
3. Six Sentence Stories – I am still keeping up with this weekly effort. Here is a LINK to a recent one. These have helped me to be more concise wit my writing.
4. Research Triangle Writers Coffeehouse – This is a monthly group of a variety of writers who come together for a common cause which is to accomplish writing tasks. We share, problem solve, offer encouragement, genuinely supporting each other in our efforts. We meet at the Quail Ridge Bookstore in Raleigh NC the second Sunday of each month. Here’s the Facebook page if you are interested.
The one I am listening to.
5. Luther Vandross – Because I can only be grateful for such a sweet soul, gone too soon. Listening to him now.
6. Our cousin Cheryl is visiting (in Charlotte) and helping her bestie sort stuff and sell such stuff as her friend is moving to Florida. I am excited to get to visit with them. She comes to NC maybe once a year, sometimes more, but this is the last trip to NC. She lives in Iowa. It makes me sad to know she won’t be back this way, but it’s important to think of the time we do get to see each other. This picture is from last year.
7. The pool is soon opening! As I sit here, I have learned that the pool inspector is coming today and we will get to swim this weekend! I cannot wait! We love to swim! Can you tell?
8. Sleep – The insomnia bug is back to crawl in my brain Shoo shoo! I am grateful for when I can get sleep and for tools to help me get what sleep I can.
9. Food – Yes, basic needs must be met and my clean eating efforts are paying off as I see the scale keep dropping.
10. Secret Projects – I am on another secret mission and will be able to reveal once I have cleared it with the powers that be.
So, there you have it! Those are my 10! How about you? Why not join in by going to this link: TTOT
2. I finished out National Poetry Month, writing a poem a day. Here is my post about that: I Am Possible
3. I am on Page 31 of this book as a contributing writer:
4. Yesterday, a fellow poet and friend and I went on an art day at the NCMA. It was such fun to go out and take in the wonderful works of art. Here’s their website: NCMA I particularly liked the Wim Botha collection. That sculpture appears to be made of carved books.
5. I have time (a break) to create art and write. The picture for this blog post is one thing I made using images I saw in sidewalk cracks. This is part of a video class called Sketchbook Revival
6. Six Sentence Story is still going strong. Here’s this weeks post Say I Do
7. New poetry forms. I mentioned sestina before and I am working on one which is very challenging and LOVING it! You won’t see it on my blog as it is going in my book. Maybe a sneak peek, maybe…
8. I am now officially working on my second book of poetry and adding short story pieces. There was a target date, but I decided to leave it open. There is another writing project I’m working on and it’s caused me to slow my roll, in a good kind of way. It involves zombies and other characters and wouldn’t you just love to know…
9. My son, from another mother, is going to Spain with his beloved wife and my sometimes partner in crime. I am so happy for them and interested in hearing all about their trip. They are hiking there, well, not TO there, but while there. My younger self would have been all up in that activity! My older self says ouch!
10. It’s so beautiful outside!! Even with the achoos, it is so spirity out there! It’s like the spring fairies have danced around and blessed my days. OKAY… well, you get the picture…
10.1 Samesies on the weight this week, but that’s AOK because it’s normal to have a hiccup when you lose weight. So, hiccup n then back to dropping it like it’s hot.
10.2 Remember that secret project I spoke of last week? Stay tuned!
Still here? Why not join in? Go HERE and check it out!!