Happy Friyay and TTOT! Let’s get started!
- I am grateful for my big sister, the one on the right in the photo here. Today would be her #72 birthday. Happy Heavely Birthday to my wonderful sister.
- This month, I have been writing a lot about family as I am working on a memoir of essays and poetry for NaNoWriMo. Each weekday I host a writing event for women who love ot write and may or may not be participating in NaNo. It has been a great way of starting the discipline of writing on a regular basis. This has been something for November, but I am so grateful for the habit and results, that this may be a regular thing.
- My sister from another mister sent us a beautiful, red teapot for a wedding present. I use it regularly as I am drinking less coffee (not giving it up-shudder that thought!). While I was waiting for my husband to have a meeting, I found my old tea shop and selected a couple of brews. I also discovered that a book store has been placed next to the tea shop. It’s been a bit since I have visited that shopping center.
- The Book Launch for Caring for Souls was excellent.
- A short line at the post office…RARE…Cheers!
- My pretty red leafed tree is almost bare. It is the one I have been watching out my office space window. There are still some various colors out there and the evergreens will entertain my winter view. Who knows…maybe there will be snow on the evergreens. Pretty!
- Another book is about ready for the printer and I am overjoyed! That launch is hopefully early December.
- The blogging group is back to meetings on a monthly basis. I love getting together with others for this purpose. We even had treats thanks to Deanna Martinez and her culinary skills.
- Sweater weather…love it.
- YOU! What’s happening in your neck of the woods?
Happy TTOT!! And Friyay! Let’s do this!
- NANOWRIMO! I am doing a poetry write in for Nanowrimo, kinda like NaPoWriMo… That is usually in April, but I wanted to do poetry in November. As part of this is a chapbook challenge in the Garden of Neuro Institute. It is moving along. If you are in Nano-anything-WriMo here is my handle
- Always grateful for changing colors.
- Found these cute little acorn squashes and they are going into some kinda tasty dish.
- This has been glorious weather.
- Outings whenever it is nice and I can get out.
- Finished projects. I crocheted a chemo cap for a friend and am working on the second one. It has been a long time since I have made any, but I found a lovely pattern. I am grateful that she has accepted my offer to do this for her. Here is the link in case you are interested.
- Daughter is going to vote today with her program. A great step to independence!
- We get to vote next week! Then all those ads will go away! WOOHOO!! Suggestion I made yesterday was to take all those signs and have a big bonfire and make s’mores and roast hot dogs as a community. Win:Win!
- Ice Cream…I am always on the hunt for good, lesser calorie/sugar, tasty, non-dairy ice cream. Found a creamy, dreamy one yesterday at TJ’s It is certainly a contender.
- YOU and How Are You?
Happy Friyay and TTOT! How do I love thankfuls? Let me count the ways!
- Pumpkin, pumpkin, all ways of pumpkin, see it, eat it, drink it, and smell the spice of it!
- Poetry, oh poetry, oh how I love sweet poetry, I may like bitter poetry too, and spooky poetry, yes that will do.
- I saw the black cat who used to come to the porch, I am guessing he found a better place to visit, maybe they have treats and more!
- There’s a dead balloon hanging in a tree, I see, I suppose it will be there for eternity, wonder what future viewers may wonder, is it new, old, a lost toy from yonder.
- books, books, booey books, happy books, thinking books, motivating books, all books that pile on my shelf, even sad books have great wealth.
- Cooler days, crunching leaves, viewing pretty-colorful leaves, these are things that make me pleased.
- So many events in the planning, for the Garden and for my daily workings, make me smile to be around positive energies, where people can visit and share there beautiful musings.
- An event was had on Friday last, the place I live put out a spread, yummy foods, crafts, and smiles, it was great to see people and enjoy fun times.
- Sweetheart is back to days down to four, except like today when a class is in store, he’s on his computer and listening well, I won’t disturb him, just happy he’s here.
- YOU What’s your thankful? Please share by clicking the blue bar and adding your 10 more or less, we just love to hear from you!
Good day! It’s beautiful in North Carolina with the leaves changing and the weather just the right edge of crispy, ridged with rays of the sun. It’s always a great time to be thankful 24/7/365
- Road trips + seasonal change = fun! We went on a road trip on Thursday to see Mama Bep and on the way there and back we enjoyed seeing more color changes with those closer to the mountains trees. This made heart happy.
- Part 2 of #1 is that we got to see Mama Bep. It has been too long and we had a celebration of our wedding with her. We were married at the courthouse in Raleigh in June, but Mama could not come. We didn’t have a wedding cake, so we stopped at our favorite bakery and they brought out a fresh batch of triple chocolate cupcakes…no need to twist my arm. We selected 4 for our trip and we toasted over our “wedding cake” after lunch on Thursday. It was special to have Mama to celebrate with us.
- I think 2 includes enough for a bonus two.
- Healthy challenges. As my duff is getting twangy I need to get up and move more, so I set a step goal and it’s gone well. It just started on Monday and I am pleased.
- Creative options + relaxation = YES! I am not one who can simply sit. My hands have to stay busy and my mind, yes-it’s goes on and on with these ideas. It’s inherited and I have to embrace this. As a result, when I sit, I almost always have a project in hand. I am crocheting an experiment project gone rogue. It was going to be one thing and has evolved into another. I am liking it, so far. That’s the thing about crocheting. It allows me to play with my patterns and come up with new things…like I said…,mind…wanders…so I am not lost, just creating. That’s my story …
- Proof is in the pudding, so they say. Well, the proof to Caring for Souls arrived and while I am happy with it, I notice that the proof is better than the online visuals, so I sent in an update to get everything in sync. Technology. Ugh…
- Daughter wrote a story about another country today, doing research, and it came out so well. She asked ME to be her editor! I was so honored. She did so well that I barely had to do much.
- Daughter continues to make flags or pictures of different teams or countries for her friends at the program she attends. It’s getting real colorful around there.
- A pot of tea for three! My dear sister friend Jill and her hubby Tim sent us a pretty red teapot with strainer plus a selection of teas, for our wedding gift. It arrived this week. I just made my first pot and it is perfect. It makes exactly three cups. So, it’s tea time! Thanks Jill! She also sent me her latest anthology. Here’s a picture.