It’s that time again to share the Ten Things of Thankful. You can go HERE to see more and to join in!
This has been a busy week. I’ve been on a break, I suppose one could say, but it’s been a short feeling break. So, without further delay, here’s this weeks YIPPEES!!
1. Getting Away-We took off on a weekend to New Bern NC. It was lovely there. Here are some photos to tell the story:
Tryon Palace – The first state capital for NC
Handsome man at the gate of Tryon Palace
Me playing peek-a-boo at the shuttle station
Entryway to the stables at the palace
There were all these beautiful statues in the gardens of Tryon Palace
3. Nature and Gardens
Lots of beautiful gardens at Tryon Palace and Stanly House
4. Textures – this is a thing I have – I love to capture interesting shapes and textures. Things I saw in New Bern
5. The Neuse River
I have several more photos of the trip, but I don’t want to overload!
6. Mother’s Day is coming up and if you are fortunate to have your mother in your life,you are blessed. I miss my mother, who has been gone for 31 years. In light of Mother’s Day last year, I did a post about my own motherhood. Take a look if you wish: Mother’s Day is Every Day
7. Remember the secret I have been talking about? Well, I can now share it. You have to go to this post to check it out: Simplicity Beckons
8. Six Sentence Story – it’s still going strong. This weeks is a rather sad tale and I may go back and visit it some more. Focus Lost
9. Weight is holding it’s own…Staying the same the past two weeks, but I did go away and that’s sometimes a challenge, although I must say that I probably ate less vs more and made healthy choices. It’s not easy on the road, so I am saying I am grateful for this WIN!!
10. Farmer’s Market
On the way home I got a hankering for local strawberries and we stopped at the Farmer’s Market and loaded up big time. Pretty much, I got produce for the week and lots of strawberries!