Now that I have your attention… I am excited to share that my friend and fellow blogger, Deanna Martinez has a new cookbook coming out and it is all about COOKIES!!!
Deanna tells about it in her blog post: Family History and traditions with Author Deanna Martinez-Bey
OKAY! Maybe I am spoiled because I already have Deanna’s Cheesecake cookbook…so there is that…
Here’s what I like about Deanna’s recipes:
They are easy to follow
The ingredients are practical
The recipes are created by someone who has proven herself in the food world
So…you might want to check out her new book:
This is totally voluntary and I am not even getting cookies for telling about it…at least, I don’t think I am…”Oh…Deanna…!”
It’s that time again to share the Ten Things of Thankful. You can go HERE to see more and to join in!
This has been a busy week. I’ve been on a break, I suppose one could say, but it’s been a short feeling break. So, without further delay, here’s this weeks YIPPEES!!
1. Getting Away-We took off on a weekend to New Bern NC. It was lovely there. Here are some photos to tell the story:
Tryon Palace – The first state capital for NC
Handsome man at the gate of Tryon Palace
Me playing peek-a-boo at the shuttle station
Entryway to the stables at the palace
There were all these beautiful statues in the gardens of Tryon Palace
3. Nature and Gardens
Lots of beautiful gardens at Tryon Palace and Stanly House
4. Textures – this is a thing I have – I love to capture interesting shapes and textures. Things I saw in New Bern
5. The Neuse River
I have several more photos of the trip, but I don’t want to overload!
6. Mother’s Day is coming up and if you are fortunate to have your mother in your life,you are blessed. I miss my mother, who has been gone for 31 years. In light of Mother’s Day last year, I did a post about my own motherhood. Take a look if you wish: Mother’s Day is Every Day
7. Remember the secret I have been talking about? Well, I can now share it. You have to go to this post to check it out: Simplicity Beckons
8. Six Sentence Story – it’s still going strong. This weeks is a rather sad tale and I may go back and visit it some more. Focus Lost
9. Weight is holding it’s own…Staying the same the past two weeks, but I did go away and that’s sometimes a challenge, although I must say that I probably ate less vs more and made healthy choices. It’s not easy on the road, so I am saying I am grateful for this WIN!!
10. Farmer’s Market
On the way home I got a hankering for local strawberries and we stopped at the Farmer’s Market and loaded up big time. Pretty much, I got produce for the week and lots of strawberries!
Loyal followers, I am now ready to share the secret news I have mentioned in some prior posts. Aruna Gurumurthy, Author of several books of poetry has released, as of May 1, 2019, her latest book of poems: Simplicity Beckons.
As quoted from the Amazon page about this book:
“Simplicity Beckons is a book of poems. It expresses the author’s journey through life’s special moments, with a touch of creativity and blossoming of passion. The poems weave through tales of travel, the joys of infancy and the subtlety of human emotion as the reader walks through life and love, and jumps over unseen realms of imagination. Come, watch these small wonders and big emotions carry you away, as you bathe in a potpourri of divinity and delight.”
As one who has read this book of poetry, discussing the poems in this book with the author and enjoying the content, I found this to be a pleasant book of poetry that beckons us all to look at the day to day simple things in life and to celebrate these experiences.
I hope you will look at this book of poetry and find the joy that only you can feel as what you read resonates with your own lives.
Aruna Gurumurthy has now penned six books of poetry. I interviewed Aruna and here’s a little share of that:
Without further ado, I introduce you to Simplicity Beckons:
Congratulations Aruna! It’s beautiful!