We will be talking about anthologies, sharing poetry and talking shop. Come join us!
Happy Friday and TTOT day! I found my graphic for National Poetry Month. I has saved it and couldn’t figure out where and there is was in a special folder for April. Duh… Let’s see what’s on the thankful meter…
- I found said graphic. Isn’t it pretty. This month is all things poetry. It’s been busy already, but I always look forward to it.
- The say to not stare at the sun because it can mess up your vision. After the good news I could not share, I looked at the shadows, the clouds and saw some glimmers of silvers linings which showed me that, a too bright sun can shine the light but you have to pay attention to the clouds. That’s the silver linings part, the clouds showed me that the news I could not and still cannot share was not to be and I am thankful that I was able to make a choice about the decision.
- The Poets Coffee Table Talk turned out beautiful. It was well attended and the sharing, the poetry, the important messages about social justice all came together to what I think is an increased awareness.
4. Heart Beats is published and there are two poetry readings on Saturday. These will be by contributors to the anthology. I am thankful how this is all coming together and I am excited to bring all this talent together under one virtual roof. And I am grateful for all the poets for their contributions. Here are the links if interested.
5. I had my annual physical and my numbers were pretty decent. A couple of tweaks needed, but over all, it is not bad. And I have shot number two out of the way. I have a lot of tiredness from it and soon this will pass.
6. The collaboration is coming along nicely.
7. I have been reading a lot of poetry and doing reviews. How would that not be a huge thankful?!!
8. I have contracted again this year for judging a competition. I am grateful for this opportunity.
9. I am grateful I don’t have to go out in the pollen. Not everybody has this choice and I pray for them to be able to manage each day.
10. YOU! What’s your thankful? Please do share either in comments or by posting a blog post. We love to hear good news. Bernie is all ears!!
We are thrilled to announce that Heart Beats: Anthology of Poetry has been published. Such a wonderful selection of poetry is now available for poetry lovers!
What is Heart Beats?
Heart Beats is an anthology of poetry about the various aspects of what makes us tick or makes a heart-beat. This is about love, life, happiness, anything that makes life more joyful or tolerable. Let’s face it. These are tough times and there have been many events in 2020 which have many of us shaking our heads. People who were once friends have gone their separate ways. Some are soul searching, examining life more closely as time has leant more for this. Heart Beats is about working through and maybe even overcoming these challenges. It is about what brings smiles to our faces or, at least, in our hearts. Heart Beats is about life’s ups and downs and in-between, and how different points of view merge into one beautiful collection of poetic works. Inviting poets from the world to take part made this project even more meaningful. We are a world of people, and the poetry community has become more culturally diverse. This is largely because of the pandemic, as people are interacting virtually more than before. All this said, Heart Beats has beautiful works of art, some of which may bring tears of sadness and of joy. Perhaps as you read, you will find that one thing that makes your heart beat.
If you do not wish to sign up on Meetup, please send a message in the site comments here and I will send you information on how to attend this free event.