Placing the filling in the pouch, she holds it in the palm of her hand.
Asking if it feels natural to her friend, she hands it over to the waiting woman.
Doubts run through her mind as she worries that this tender moment will cause her friend dismay.
Delighted with the weight and texture, her friend nods approval with a big smile.
Elated on one side of her emotions, saddened on the other, less seen, side of her emotions, she grins and moves in for a hug.
Dejected since the operation, she held her friend, gently at first before tightly gathering her close, knowing that only a true friend would understand and allow her heart to fill, true friendship is never padded with false intentions.
There you have it! This is my Six Sentence Story for this week!
Want to join? Here is the LINK
Rules of the hop:
Write 6 Sentences. No more. No less.
Use the current week’s prompt word.
Come back here on Thursday, link your post…
Spread the word and put in a good one to your fellow writers 🙂
It’s time to reflect on the TTOT gratitudes of the week. I have several gratitudes and will do my best to share.
1. April 15 is 2 days away!!
2. It’s raining. I live in North Carolina, which seems to be the pollen capital of the world. I am grateful for the rain to wash the pollen off the car and clean up the area. Realistically, it’s just going to be more to come, but allow me this bit of joy.
3. Trying new things. I was invited to a virtual art workshop this week and was able to get in three days of the five. In those days I created some artsy pieces. We just took 30 minutes, starting with breath work and then focusing on our individual intentions for the day. It was in the morning, so I was able to start off my day on the right foot. Here’s the link to the website of the leader. I find her emails to be very nice. My intention is to make this a daily practice.
4. National Poetry Month. I have been successful with getting my one poem per day accomplished. Here’s my most recent one: Views of Nature
5. Six Sentence Story has been a fun trial and I am grateful that I am able to keep up with this one on a weekly basis. Here’s the last one I posted. No Contest
6. I lost 2# this week. This is really working!
7. Yesterday, I interviewed a fellow poet. It has been years since I have done anything like that. It went very well as we had a relaxed, conversational tone. Once the video is ready, I will share.
8. Friendships. I have many people I call my friends. Many are nowhere near my location, but I have kept up with them, sometimes for as long as Junior High. How I wish that I could reach out more than I do when I know a friend is in need. There’s something about presence that helps. It’s not always possible, so I reach out as I can and sometimes send a card or gift to let them know they are cared about. I’m often left with feeling like I don’t do enough. This didn’t mean to come across as sad. I am mainly stating that I am grateful for friendships and friends who become family.
9. Birthdays. One of my brothers turned 71 this past week. How is that for one big happy?!!
10. Writing community. It seems that my writing community is growing. I am most grateful as I find that having others sharing in this makes my days much nicer.
What’s happening with your week? Please come share on TTOT!