He moved to Needles, searching his soul, pining for his lost woman, she had left him right before Christmas eve.
Needless to say, his heart was broken, and he pondered the true meaning of life.
There was a sound in the distance, gaining volume as the sound of huffing and bells rang near.
Looking to the sky, noticing golden blades, shining brightly and hooves of tiny antlered animals, he was amazed.
Then the sounds of “Ho, ho, ho.” rang in his ears.
Gazing at the cactus and watching in amazement as the sleigh swooped down to land, he was once again revived to memories of his childhood, when life felt innocent and hope sprang in the daylight, and at this thought the smell of the pine trees overcame his senses and he was once again renewed to the meaning of hope.
Happy Friday! It’s Ten Things of Thankful Time AKA TTOT!!
As we enter into the week when folks are recognizing the wonderful gifts of sharing holidays with family and friends, it’s a great time to reflect on the gratitude which comes with these things! Let’s take a look at the sparkly lights of happy!
1. Daughter is coming tomorrow! And she is staying all week. She has to work Christmas Eve day, but that’s workable. Maybe that gives someone with children the day off.
2. Physical Therapy is coming along nicely. Right now, it’s focused on my neck and working its way down my spine. Before we know it, I will be a lithe old snake.
3. Crocheting is coming along well and the company is replacing some defective yarn. I like it when they take responsibility for things gone wrong. At least they don’t manufacture medical supplies.
4. People who really take the time to listen. I had two doctors I spoke with this week and they both really seemed to listen to what I had to say and this resulted in positive results.
5. 6. Getting to do some research with an associate and then they treated me to lunch. Both the research and the lunch conversation was interesting.
7. Safe driving. I maybe had less horn honking this week and for this I am VERY grateful.
8. My friend in Arizona (she’s the one who introduced me to TTOT) has just bought a home there and as of now, she should be moving in. This has been quite the process finding the right house and neighborhood and it’s all falling into place.
9. A friend who is like family learned today that her cancer prognosis is still favorable. It gives me hope for another friend who is in the midst of learning more about her own.
10. Gather around the Christmas Tree, sing a little song with me, one of cheer and one of joy, holding in our hearts, every girl and boy, let’s be sure to make this day, one where they can be happy and play, one this most lovely Christmas day…no matter if it’s Christmas, Chanukah, Kwanzaa or whatever you celebrate, may you know peace and joy and all good things!
Isn’t that the truth?! Things are things are things, but people – well – you don’t want to put them on a shelf to collect dust. They are much more fun! And it’s time to think about those things we are thankful for and by things, I believe I will make sure to mention peopley things. Whatcha think about that?
And awaaaaaay we go!!
220.127.116.11.5. Getting Away – We got away for a night to visit family in Mount Airy. We enjoyed taking walks down the hallways of the retirement community, taking pictures at entryways and in the various places for people to commune. There were several trees, all uniquely decorated. It helped bring on the spirit. We enjoyed a lovely visit with headed back home earlier than planned. Icy roads were predicted for this morning, so we thought it best to head back last night. It was a lovely drive back with very little traffic and we are grateful that was uneventful.
6. Six Sentence Story is always a great challenge. This time, I decided to think of the season and this is what I came up with: True Hearts are Never Absent I am grateful for Denise’s devotion with prompting us and challenging us each week.
7. Wedding! My great nephew is getting married this weekend. He lives in Alabama and they are going away to all things Harry Potter! I am very happy for them as they embark on new adventures together.
8. Education – As I am working on my latest book, I am finding that there are areas I want to focus on a little more in depth than originally planned. I had a pop-up opportunity to learn some new information and meet some really nice people who could be a resource. So, new connections, as well.
9. Poet Community – This weekend is the party for the poets in this area and I look forward. While I have read poetry to people before, it’s been a while. Maybe it’s time to break out of my comfort zone. Especially since I have been asked to read the poetry of a famous poet. I just don’t know who until they hand me the poem. Surprises!!
10. You! I am thankful for you coming here and paying a visit. Perhaps you would like to join in and add your post of thankfuls.