It was time for vaccinations to prevent severe illness or even death. Excited when he heard it was vaccination time, Chris put his favorite technological toys in his carry all bag and loaded up the car.
“It’s vaccination day,” Chris excitedly announced. His mother gave him a surprised look, before getting in the van and driving him to the clinic. Chris had a shocked expression as he sat, watching the nurse prepare the long, thin needle, soon to enter his arm. Smiling, he exclaimed, “Oh I get it, we have to get shots so we don’t get sick on vacation.”
There you have it! That’s the Six Sentence Story! Want to try your hand at it? Got to this LINK and jump in!
Rules of the hop:
Write 6 Sentences. No more. No less.
Use the current week’s prompt word.
Link the URL to your post via the blue “Click here to enter” button below .
Spread the word and put in a good one to your fellow writers 🙂
PROMPT WORD: VACATION
This was recently posted on Medium: Adjusting Lenses
often means brisking each day
keeping steady pace
what happens when it changes
when the leaves of life falter
as the elder man
finds the keys don’t play as well
hearing notes less clear
it’s an evolvement of life
requiring tune ups often
when grandmothers cry
because their children are old
no longer in laps
still wanting for the snuggles
take them back to the time when
as life slows way down
keeping in mind the goodness
days when suns are high
looking to the skies for hope
seeing joyfulness each day
early in the childrens’ lives
seeing and learning
each day is perfectly made
for any age to delight
After I Fed the Dog
After I fed the dog
this life of mine moved on
after I took the dog for a walk
this life just moseyed on
After I fed the child
the day just took its tone
after I dressed the child
the day just moseyed on
After I went to work
the phrase of life was hum
after I took my lunch
the day just moved along
After I cooked dinner
the evening was the same
after I did the dishes
the end soon found the day
After I went to sleep
the night was just the same
after I woke from rest
it all began again
I got today’s National Poetry Month Prompt from Robert Lee Brewer’s Poetic Asides Blog: “For today’s prompt, take the phrase “After (blank),” replace the blank with a word or phrase, make the new phrase the title of your poem, and then, write your poem. Possible titles include: “After Dinner,” “After You,” “After Hours,” and/or “After I Finish Writing This Poem.”
1. So, I did this for another challenge called The Six Sentence Challenge. I had a very busy week and am grateful I was able to keep to my goal of getting this written. You can hop over to read my actual post on my blog. You can read it HERE
2. Gratitude for the counsel of others to help me stay on the right track with mindfulness. It seems like when I get to the point of need, an answer always comes.
3. My Mother. She was one in a million and as this is the month she left this side of the world, I am grateful to have had her in my life and that she’s always around whenever I feel the need to talk to her. Here are some sweet pictures of her.
I’m sitting on the couch by mom
4. This is a SPACE available for YOU!! I am thankful for YOU!!
5. I made great strides in my newest project and am proud of myself and very grateful!
6. Successful with my tax return, I am now officially filed!
7. Humor! I’m fortunate to have met a wonderful blogging group and one of my favorite blogs is THIS ONE! Go look and you will LOL
8. Jodi (daughter) came to see us and it’s always a great time to be grateful for her company and just her sweet being!
9. I finished reading a couple of good books. One was called Close Enough to Touch and the other was Alchemy of Grief: Your Journey to Wholeness. I found both to be very beneficial. I may write more about this on another post.
10. April 15th. I am still grateful that it’s 45 days after today when that day comes.
Here’s the Blog Hop LINK FOR TTOT
Why not take a look?