We are excited to offer this fantastic book of poetry for a BOOK RELEASE SPECIAL! Of course, you will want that paperback version, for sure. And – of course – Kindle Unlimited members can even read this book at no cost. AMAZON
We hope you will also leave a review, regardless of which source you choose.
Good Morning all my thankful people! It’s time for TTOT! Let’s get the party started!!
1. Kristi, the wonderful person who keeps us going on here, and I have been communicating outside the group. Yes! And I really enjoy chatting with her. Such positive energy! AND AND AND She went to my old town where I lived for 22 years (other than a couple of short leaves and returns). She even took a picture of the house I lived in from 1977-1992. Isn’t that such so sweet of her?
2. Inktober! It’s keeping me on task to do a post every day to respond to the themes. I am grateful for the opportunity to use my drawing skillz and to allow myself to fumble. It is important to me to not spend too much time on these drawings as I am trying to practice acceptance and it’s working, for the most part. There are some I spend more time on, but it’s usually because I change my mind in the middle of drawing. Here’s my weeks worth.
Theme: Build and I noticed that the actual pics of beehives are not the perfect cells as depicted in graphics
Theme: Husky – I gave mine smiling eyes
3. Weekly Art Group – I started back to going to the senior group for painting. We do a variety, but mostly watercolor. It’s a lovely group and a great way of getting a happy shot in the arm. I’ve been trying to get back to this group and it’s now possible since I made some significant changes in my life. I created some background art for blogging and such. Here’s a sample:
4. Super Short Story success! I have been trying to get these stories in the right hands and the two I submitted this week were both accepted. Here’s the first one and the next one will come out next Friday. Saving Dad
I will also be posting this on my blog later for those who prefer not to view on Medium.
5. Lately, I have been having sleeping issues and I started having my Kindle read to me. It’s working 🙂 This week it has been a lovely book of short essays and I enjoy them so much. They don’t put me to sleep, but the Kindle lady voice is soothing me. I do go back and replay where I remember leaving off. This is the book in case you want to have a look.
6. Weather – It has been so beautiful this week! It’s needing to rain, so they say, but I am enjoying the sunny days and cool nights. It can stay this way for a little longer.
7. Unsplash is an awesome way to get pretty pictures for blogs and such. It’s free and a nice courtesy to credit the photographer. I love it! I am so grateful for this. I use some of the photos for inspiration and color guides for painting. Here’s a pretty fall one: Cayla1
8. Six Sentence Story – I have not mentioned this lately and it’s something I keep up weekly. Here’s the latest: Notes of the Night I am grateful for Denise and her devotion to keeping this going.
9. Daughter finished swimming lessons and is now able to navigate deeper waters. WIN!!! I met her at the pool and she received a celebratory hot chocolate 🙂
10. And this is where you get a chance to share your gratitudes. Be it one or more, just hop on in and give us a try. Come jump in the leaves of TTOT!!
Frequently, there are posts about print books being the preferred method of reading and all the wonderful feelings elicited from holding, smelling and reading print books. Frankly, I am right there with these wonderful factors about print books. As I got older and had to wear bifocals. large print books became my go to books whenever I could get them. Then, I discovered from my friend who is visually challenged, that you can have your e-reader read your books to you. What a wonderful resource. I purchased an e-reader and discovered this was not only easy on the eyes, but it leant to relaxed reading.
What is the issue then? Well, because e-books are not universal, being up to the author or publisher, you can’t always get a book in this format. Then there is the library issue, where they may purchase e-books, but print books are still a priority. My friend needs to have books via e-books and I help her out by ordering them from the library. They can take a good while to have these available as there is always a budget to work with. They may not happen at all. My friend orders some e-books online, but that can get costly, if you are an avid reader.
There are other reading apps such as the audio books, but not everyone likes this method, for whatever reason. There are other resources such as phone readers and the National Library Service Talking Book Program. Searching online will bring up several choices. One of the easiest ways to reach folks is via e-books being published when print books are published.
This may open up a discussion of debate and is not meant to do so. It’s more my way of stating that there is a greater need for e-books to be just as available as print books. When I published my book, I first published it as an e-book and then followed right away with the print version. Most of my sales have been e-books, so I think the figures speak for themselves. Just something to think about.