feeling a true thirst
I found that I truly quenched
on living water
It’s time for TTOT!! I hope that you will join in and share your gratitudes soon! Here is the LINK!!
1. Rain – After a good, hot spell we got some lovely rain and it’s brought the temps down.
2. Pool – Still grateful for the pool. It was closed last weekend for maintenance and we were so sad, so happy now that we have been able to dip as of yesterday.
3. Sleep – It’s been a better sleep week.
4. Understanding people – Yesterday, I was not having brain power and the rest of my body was dragging. I simply could not think. I tried to do some tasks, but I was only hitting walls, so I had to ask for forgiveness for some responsibilities and I was granted such. Today is a new day. And I am writing this, so that’s amazing progress. Let’s hold on to hope.
5. 6. Friends who understand things happen and Exercise – I had a coffee catch up date with one of my BFFs and I had to cancel due to previous duties taking longer than expected. I had to cancel, but I did make it to the mall after I was done and I did call my friend and we talked while I walked around the mall. Nice to have modern technology to do so.
8. Water and Specifically this bottle – I hydrate big time and I knock things over big time and now I have this amazing water bottle with a LOCK! It’s been tested a few times since I got it and I love it!
9. Finished edits – I finished editing a book of poetry for one of my favorite poets.
10. Six Sentence Story – This week was using the prompt word: Wave – Here is what I did Right Here
So, there you have it! Hope you had a thankful week, as well!!
Process For Love
It’s a process, this thing called love, I can tell you 100% this to be true, from when I first looked in your eyes, listened to your words, watched the way you talked as much as I listened, there was something about you, no mere cup of coffee was enough for this meeting, but a whole meal accompanied with a feast of words and time gone too fast.
After meeting #1, we had to wait, due to a trip you had planned and we were way too new to plan anything together, a meal perhaps, but not a trip, so you went on your trip, but we talked and sent texts and counted the moments until we would see each other again and then we did.
Supposedly a cookout with mutual friends, but it turned into the two of us and that was just how it was meant to be, as we sat on the patio and had grilled burgers and my dish, which you devoured, yes, the heart and the stomach have a connection, so they say and then we sat together and watched a movie and spent more time getting to know each other, and it was for real, the best time for my heart to know there was something going on.
From that time on, we spent hours at a time, working on projects, swimming, going to supper, having dinners at one of our houses and falling in love, one day at a time, so they say, my heart knew it and leapt into my mouth when I was the first to speak those three words, and I was just surprised at myself how they rolled out so organically and that was that and how it was supposed to be and you said those words back to me, that’s how it’s supposed to be, doncha know?
Catching the water in flow and coolness, July 3 it was when we sat on the steps of the pool and became we from that moment on, you know, exclusively, so they say and we agreed it was the way it was meant to be and from then on it has been a moment to remember, forever being in this moment repeated day to day and year to year.
Captured by the doubts of the world, forlorn by the hearts past broken, the past crept into the present and tried to flood our minds, but we had to swim past those sharks, find our way to the other side and help our selves and each other to get there and we did and now we have each other in the swimmingly part of life when the golden age comes forth to grace our hair and bodies, but it’s all good in this life of wonder and for one thing I know for sure and for certain is that today’s tomorrow is only the next step to forever.
There you have it! That’s my Six Sentence Story for this week! Want to join in?
Go to this LINK and give it a try!
Rules of the hop:
Write 6 Sentences. No more. No less.
Use the current week’s prompt word.
Come back here on Thursday, link your post…
Spread the word and put in a good one to your fellow writers 🙂
This weeks word is PROCESS
indispensable poetry from women over 50
Inspiration, History, Imagination
. . . a meeting place where poetry chapbooks are reviewed
Reaping Havoc On A Daily Basis
An independent publishing company, we also offer services from writing and editing to representation and film.
my humanity in written form
Faces and Voices of Spiritual Practice
Poetry, free verse, haiku, senryu, photography, books, art, philosophy , nature, literature.
kids, cats, and meandering along
Life at Sixty-five
A personal blog about parenting an amazingly unique child with Autism, ADHD, and Sensory Processing Disorder.
Raku pottery, vases, and gifts
The Art Or Endeavour Of Being Lucid In A World We Live In... Secrets Of The Psychics... Energy, Universe, Futurism, Film, Empowerment...Digital Abstract Art Rendering...
Art doesn't have to be worthy to be worth sharing
Mein Alltag mit Höhen und Tieren
Poetry for Finding Meaning in the Madness
When Map and Terrain Differ.... Follow the Terrain
ALL THAT'S LEFT...
Author of EVERY LOVE