Happy Friday and TTOT Day! And Awaaaaay we go!*
- Today is my beloved daughter’s birthday!
3. No snow.
4. Exercise is happening.
5. YouTube is going well. Check it out!
That’s my channel 🙂
6. Grocery delivery is really becoming my thing.
7. Technical problem solving is becoming a skill. At least, for me, but I am not putting out a shingle, nope, no way… it’s just a way for me to get back to what I love to do.
8. Flash drives. Whoever invented them, THANK YOU!
9. Do you ever put on your headphones and not have any music? I call it my Sounds of Silence. It helped me to stay focus. Thankful for headphones which really do cancel out noise. And if you want to listen to beautiful music, I suggest checking this out:
10. You! What are you feeling warm and fuzzy about? Let’s hear it.
Coins tinkled in the Simpson’s pot
To the echo of the metal clang
Until denseness from piled coins
And greenbacks, filled the kettle
Brass bands played into the night
As souls were grateful to give back
And there you have it! This is my Six Sentence Story – well poem – for this week to the prompt word of “Kettle” Would you like to join or take a look at the stories? Check it all out on Girlie on The Edge’s Blog
Every drum beat
as the trumpet cries
to my soul
keeps my pulse in rhythmic flow
Stopping short for the moments
which take my breath away
and flowing with the rhythm
tapping my feet in time
As my shoulders move
dancing in my seat
throbbing heart of joy
pleasures at the beats
This is what music does
capturing rhythm in my soul
enriching heart flow
taking my breath away
and bringing it back
Today’s poem is in response to this Prompt.
Let’s write a poem to this music from Herb Alpert – “Rise” What comes to mind with this music? Or perhaps a poem about what it means to rise up. Or maybe a poem about your favorite musician. The possibilities are endless! Of course, please share what you write.