Oh my! Where did November go? I don’t know about you, but I am sitting here wishing for a cup of cocoa, my crocheting, and putting my feet up. So, without further delay and before that last plate of turkey, here are my TTOTs!!
I am grateful for mentors and this week I have someone who is helping me refresh my old skills and add some new ones.
My dear one gave me this thankful and I wholeheartedly agree.
4. I am grateful that one of the people I met via another group asked for people’s Flash Fiction stories for her podcast and mine among those featured today. It was kinda cool to hear somebody read my story out loud. Here it is: Episode 8: Final Friday Edition Here’s the link to the original story: Bottled Up
5. Six Sentence Story – I am super grateful for Denise providing us with prompts every week. This week the prompt word was “Pound” and I decided to something about eating disorders, a subject near to my heart. While the subject matter may be sad, the meaning is important and I am grateful to be able to try, at least, to reach out on this one.Here it is: Clearly Stricken
6. Living Poetry Monday Prompt – this is something I look forward to on Monday mornings and that is the weekly prompt. Bartholomew Barker does this with such dedication and here is this weeks response: Souls for Loaves
Photo by Jodie Morgan on Unsplash
Grateful I don’t need to go get butter for biscuits on Black Friday – This Happened to Me, But Never Again!
8. This RECIPE which I changed into pumpkin ice cream instead of making pumpkin pie and it has no sugar.
9. That is 1943 daddy had this Thanksgiving dinner on the USSNCBB55
“On the evening of November 25, 1943, we had our first real action. The day was Thanksgiving. We had a swell turkey dinner that afternoon. Air defense was sounded that evening and we went to our stations. After about 20 minutes our anti-aircraft battery cut loose and for the first time we were conscious of a formidable enemy.”
Lloyd Glick, Musician 1/c
10. Last, but not the least here is the place where you can offer your thankfuls. I can’t wait to hear!
Peacefully taking in the carefully calculated morsels, pondering about the next moment when she would see his beautiful eyes, blue as the tone of her hands, she knew that it was just a matter of time before he would ask her to be his bride.
Ordinarily, she would not have eaten as much as she did, but the anticipation of a life with her love encouraged her interest in healthy eating and this meant that she would eat some morsels of chicken and an undressed salad; gagging on these morsels, she sighed and drank some water.
Usually her meals would consist of chicken broth and ice water, maybe an herb tea if her stomach rumbled, if she could feel this, a rare occurrence these days.
Noon time, the phone rang, and it was him; sitting in anticipation she twirled her beads and smiled, grinning, in fact, anticipating this would be the time he would ask her to meet for a special dinner date.
Disappointed, she learned that he had plans to be out of town for an extended period, then he let her know that it may, in fact, be several weeks before he came to town, then he said one more thing.
Selecting the best of choice meats, she carefully wrapped the precious cut in butcher paper and placed it in the freezer; this will be the one for him when he returns, she whispered to herself; placing her cup of iced water and chicken broth before her she began to sup, knowing she would have yet another difficult night of sleep.
There you have it, this is my Six Sentence Story! Please go check this LINK for more stories which dedicated Denise provides each week. Perhaps you would like to join!