Good Morning! It’s that time again for TTOT and without further adieu, let’s get the party started.
It’s important to me to have an attitude of gratitude, but if that means I force myself to think positive all of the time, then that’s not my way. I have times when thinking one positive thought is a strain. What I do try to do is find ways around the muckedy muck of life and see there is something for which to be grateful. In light of the hurricane and lives lost, it’s hard to think this way. And then one of my good friends just lost her son of 29 years and that’s just so young to leave this world. Where’s the gratitude in that? Well, I can say this: I am grateful for Go Fund Me to help my dear friend pay for the funeral of her son as she did not have the funds to do so. And her agency put in a substantial amount of money to help. So, I guess that’s my #1 Thankful.
2. Resources for Hurricane survivors. It’s devastating to start over after losing everything. I am grateful for all the relief organizations along with the good neighbors who help in so many ways.
3. Swimming Lessons – Daughter started her swim lessons this week and I was able to attend and watch as she learned techniques to help her swim better.
4. Nerves – That’s right! I had to muster up my nerves to deal with a very delicate situation, advocating for someone else’s rights. It irked me, to put it simply, that someone would think they could treat somebody like a second class citizen and I hope I nipped it in the bud.
5. Poetry – Whenever I am perplexed about expression I turn to my most familiar friend of poetry. Here’s my latest For the Bahamas
6. Six Sentence Story – Denise is such a dear heart to keep us well supplied with word prompts and to provide a place for expression and I am so grateful for her. Here’s my latest: Zoned Out and In I hope my characters will be able to express gratitude from the outcome.
7. Poundage is still slipping off. I have lost 8.5 # this summer and an additional pound this week. I am most grateful for having the ability to lose. Not everybody is able to do so.
8. Challenges – I have a project I am working on and it officially starts on Tuesday. I passed the test yesterday and the materials are HARD! I am grateful for challenges to my brain even when it feels explodable.
9. Submission – I submitted my manuscript for my poetry book and it’s still hard to me to believe I did this. It’s been a long time in the making and it’s gone, now out of my hands and it just feels weird.
10. Volunteers – A good friend has volunteered to help with organizing daughter’s room and it’s looking much improved.
Now, it’s your turn to add to the list. What’s happening in your gratitude zone?