And there you have it! This is my Six Sentence Story – well poem – for this week to the prompt word of “Kettle” Would you like to join or take a look at the stories? Check it all out on Girlie on The Edge’s Blog
It’s that time of the week for TTOT! What? Yup! It’s that time again. So…let’s goooooo!
Grocery pickup – I am trying a different store today to see how that one goes. They offered free pickup and a 20% discount plus I had a gift card and discounts. Saved about $40, so hey, I will take it. I am grateful to have this option since it’s sometimes hard to shop. This is one of my better days, but maybe it is best to test it out on a better day than to wait for a not so better day. Right? I think so.
2. I finished my special project! YAY! I was a judge for a writing contest. It was fun and interesting to read and respond to the many books.
3. Remote possibilities. You know how people say, “It’s a remote possibility that such and such will happen.” Well, now it has a different meaning. Now one might say, “It’s going to be done remotely.” Or is some form of more proper English. So, Remotely it is happening and I am happy to see it happening. And there is nothing remotely unusual about that. You see what I did here, right?
4. Good walking day. It’s been a pleasant week for strolling about.
5. Puzzles. Daughter has been keeping busy with them and loves them. She is working on Mystical Shimmer, Unicorn. It’s pretty and glittery.
6. My brother from another mother had nice test results this week! YAY!!
7. Miracles! Someone I know thought from all news shared that life was coming to an end and it turned around. YAY!
8. Freedom to listen and watch to the world and freedom to turn it off.
9. Education via the internet so we can still learn without getting all sick and stuff.
10. YOU!! Let’s hear it… I wanna know your thankfuls.
It’s that time again for Ten Things of Thankful! Hard to believe it’s already the end of May, but with ends come beginnings. Let’s see what’s happened and what’s to come!
This ends the month of many activities, mostly indoors, but good activities. I have had opportunities to participate in old skill projects as well as develop newer skills. All in all, it’s been a great month for getting things done. I am most thankful for learning and growing. We are never too old to learn new things.
I participated, by now, in three poetry critique groups and these have been helpful in my becoming a better poet. Since the meetings, I have polished my work and hope to eventually submit these for other eyes in the publishing sector.
Last night, I was in the audience for poetry readings for the Heron Clan poetry publication. While I submitted, but my work was not accepted, it was nice to hear from others who did get published, many of whom were published thrice. It is always great to be among my people in the poetry world.
Poet’s Connection is going well and I look forward to each meeting. We are doing the virtual meetings monthly and whenever we get back to face to face I would still like to do the virtual meetings. It provides opportunities for folks who are a greater distance to join.
Poetry editing is going well and I am in the midst of helping with a big project.
Daughter has gotten me hooked into helping her with card making. Such a chore, I say tongue in cheek. Seriously, it is fun to help her. I am more the consultant for selecting colors and layout. She provides the parts, stamped and colored pictures.
Grateful for food as it can be a challenge to shop. Meat limitations as they are I am grateful I know how to make meatless meals.
Raleigh NC Bloggers help keep me spirited, providing support to on another. YAY for support.
Thank you Word Press for making me need two cups of coffee to figure out the new editor. I am sure it will be better, so really, I may as well be grateful. Now, I must be less lazy, so that’s a good grat, right?
YOU! Come to the campfire and share you gratitudes!
Good Morning and Happy Friday! For many of the folks, this means Phase 1 or 2 of the pandemic rules. We are in Phase 1 as of 5 p.m. today. #1 I am grateful for masks and hand sanitizer and to be able to drive. #2 I am grateful for Six Sentence Story of which I can be slack. Here is this weeks contribution from me Gulf fritillary facts The picture on this blog bears the same butterfly. I love butterflies!! #3 I am grateful that daughter follows social distancing and wears a mask and gloves at her job. Customers are now coming in, but they are limited and I am grateful for this, as well. It’s a craft and sewing store, so there are likely a lot of in home folks making things. #4 I am grateful that soon I will get a box of new art supplies and for those who love to create I know that you know what that means.
#5 That I have been blessed with a wonderful mother and that even though she is no longer with us I still consider her a very essential part of my life.
That’s me on the sofa leaning into mom.
#6. Auto insurance refund for the pandemic. Check your insurance company if interested in seeing if you qualify.
#7 New tires – while it was not really what we wanted to do right now, it is time to get new tires. We were able to get the car to the place before a flat. I am grateful for that, too because who wants to change a tire? #8 In my case, I know how, but I call AAA these days as my bones don’t like such things. I am grateful for that option.
#9 Is that it has been nice weather and not too hot. Just a couple of short heat spells followed by sweater weather.
#10 This place is for you. Perhaps you would like walking this path and thinking of the ways you are thankful. Then, you can blog them, too!
It’s May Day! Let’s go dance around the maypole! Who remembers those? This lady does!
It’s the first Friday of TTOT so let’s get at it!
1.2.3. Thankful that I survived National Poetry Month with posting a prompt each day and writing a poem a day to those prompts. Can we say Whew and WooHoo?!!
I am grateful to those who supported these efforts, as well. And for those who supported my publications this past month. A lot of thankfuls in one so, there’s 3!!
4. Rain! We had a real gully washer yesterday and I am glad April decided to show itself up properly! I posted on Facebook yesterday: Me: “April showers bring May flowers. Oh, April, you have this one last day to rain.” April: “Hold my beer.”
5. 6. People who social distance and wear masks! Who ever thought this would be a thing? Thankful to have masks to do so. I made ours out of socks and daughter got hers at work. Also got fabric to make some this weekend.
7. My friend’s daughter created her own book at the lovely age of 6!! Here it is: Diya Dreams
8. Ability to have groceries delivered for Mother’s Day in another town. We were trying to come up with a way to get something to mama in another town and came up with the idea to set up a food delivery. The food arrives this coming week in time for her to have a nice Mother’s Day week treat.
9. Virtual meetings! Tomorrow I get to participate in the TAF online conference. It would normally be this weekend and now we still get to have it. And I also get to attend the Raleigh NC Bloggers meeting tomorrow afternoon and learn new things.
10. The place is set at this virtual table for YOU! No masks or gloves needed, mainly your presence and thankfuls. So, throw it at us. Not the food, but the thankfuls! Get at it!