Welcome to the TTOT for this week! Let’s get to it!
- Daddy would have been 100 on June 18. I am grateful to have had him for a father and that he is always looking after me from the other side.
2. We got to go to the beach for a day and it was so refreshing and we cooked fresh shrimp when we got home. It was wonderful to see how the beachgoers practiced social distancing. The place where we ate was our first time in a restaurant since this pandemic. We were the first customers, wore masks until we were free of others, were way over six feet from others (an advantage of being first customers). The wait staff and cooks all wore masks, as well. We set up out chairs and umbrellas on the upper tier of the beach, so we were on top looking down to the ocean. It was a great view, but kept us in a safety zone.
3. 4. Progress with repairs in the home. They are maybe going to finish up today with putting up drywall from the repairs. There is now a new shower handle unit. Thankful, as well, that there is a second shower.
5. For the most part, I have not done any work related stuff this week, taking a break to reset my brain.
6. Beautiful flowers along the highway. North Carolina does a fantastic job of planting flowers alongside the interstates, making lovely pops of color along the way. Some know I do not favor interstate driving, but it is good when trying to just get somewhere faster than the back roads. One of my most favorite things is to go backroading, taking in all the awesome sights. I especially enjoy the old buildings and the wildflowers, farm lands, and the old time charm you often miss on the interstate.
7. Bathrooms while traveling.
8. Sanitary disinfectant cloths.
9. Fun with cardmaking with daughter. With the rainy days of staycation, we worked for two days on making cards.
10. You – what have you to share? Join in!