Isn’t that the truth?! Things are things are things, but people – well – you don’t want to put them on a shelf to collect dust. They are much more fun! And it’s time to think about those things we are thankful for and by things, I believe I will make sure to mention peopley things. Whatcha think about that?
And awaaaaaay we go!!
188.8.131.52.5. Getting Away – We got away for a night to visit family in Mount Airy. We enjoyed taking walks down the hallways of the retirement community, taking pictures at entryways and in the various places for people to commune. There were several trees, all uniquely decorated. It helped bring on the spirit. We enjoyed a lovely visit with headed back home earlier than planned. Icy roads were predicted for this morning, so we thought it best to head back last night. It was a lovely drive back with very little traffic and we are grateful that was uneventful.
6. Six Sentence Story is always a great challenge. This time, I decided to think of the season and this is what I came up with: True Hearts are Never Absent I am grateful for Denise’s devotion with prompting us and challenging us each week.
7. Wedding! My great nephew is getting married this weekend. He lives in Alabama and they are going away to all things Harry Potter! I am very happy for them as they embark on new adventures together.
8. Education – As I am working on my latest book, I am finding that there are areas I want to focus on a little more in depth than originally planned. I had a pop-up opportunity to learn some new information and meet some really nice people who could be a resource. So, new connections, as well.
9. Poet Community – This weekend is the party for the poets in this area and I look forward. While I have read poetry to people before, it’s been a while. Maybe it’s time to break out of my comfort zone. Especially since I have been asked to read the poetry of a famous poet. I just don’t know who until they hand me the poem. Surprises!!
10. You! I am thankful for you coming here and paying a visit. Perhaps you would like to join in and add your post of thankfuls.