Today’s prompt was “fractious circumlocution”
As sure as the alarm
could go off
It need not
as bones are aching
for a walk
Padding to the pot
filling the vessel
Pondering the day
pouring the water
sopping the slosh
Starting the pot
waiting and listening
What’s up with the brew
It Takes Coffee Grounds
to make coffee
If morning starts this way
it’s going to be a long day
The beginning prompt for the 2019 National Poetry Month was on Robert Lee Brewer’s blog HERE The above poem was my attempt to write to the prompt. Perhaps you would like to do the same.
For a visual prompt us the image on this poem and give it a try!
It’s MARCH!! WHAAAAAT?!! Marching forth it’s TTOT time and this here link you see in blue is where you go to add your two cents worth or 10 cents…whichever you wish!
So many things in life to be thankful for and I am going to jump right in!
- Prayer: A friend was in a serious auto accident and survived. From the looks of the vehicle, I don’t know how. Praying that the other person comes through and I am grateful for the power of prayer.
- Poet’s Connection – As one who does not easily make it to evening events, I decided to create a meetup for poets on one Saturday per month. The turn out was excellent. This was via Living Poetry and it was a definite repeater, so we will do it again in March.
- Voting – I am grateful for the ability to vote and try not to make this a freedom to take for granted. I voted and I am glad that it’s done until November.
- Knee Health – Laverne, my metallic knee has been giving me troubles, but she is not infected. I had to have some juices drawn to check it out, That was an ouchie for a couple of day, but it could have been worse. Not having an infection is a big deal. So, now the plan is physical therapy and I am grateful I can do that. I already had PT scheduled for my gait so now I can do both.
- Soap-I have a lot of soap as I have always been a big hand washer. So, there’s that fact that I bought a big ole mess of it awhile ago.
- Observations-People who wear gloves and wash their hands before handling my food or body. I pay attention at doctor’s offices and restaurants. And it’s a good idea. Glad to report good results.
- Libraries – I am doing some extensive research on a topic and grateful for the library and how they can get books from the interlibrary system.
- Time with Friends – I had at least three times this week when I got together with friends for various purposes and it was so nice to take the time to be involved with each of them. I am kind of an introvert and it’s a challenge for me to get together with others, but my close friends are totally different. I am also so grateful for my internet chat relationship with my long distance friend. We try to chat at least once a week. I look forward to those.
- Daughter is sorting out my pantry as we speak! YAY!!! It’s a mess and I am grateful she likes to do this sort of thing.
- and last by not least YOU! and you know what? You can join the table of grateful supper participants.
Holding a big heart in hands, pretty pink.
It’s time for the Ten Things of Thankful or TTOT Perhaps this is the week you would like to join us. If so, there’s a link at the bottom and you can jump into the wonderful pool of warm thankfuls! Make a splash!
1-5. Safety on the roads – It’s snow and ice happenings here in NC and the news stays on top of it. I am grateful for the updates and that I can turn to Spectrum 14 to get 24/7 coverage. Being an equal opportunity watcher, though, I turn to various local channels. Sometimes you need a new face or wardrobe change. So, grateful for news coverage, grateful for safety for my own household grateful I don’t have to go out in this, grateful I have my warm blanket, grateful to have power.
7. Writing Conference – the TAF Write Now 2020 Conference is coming up in May. I am excited to attend and meet other writers and learn from the experts. Thought I would share the link in case any of you are close by. TAFWriteNow2020
8. French Press – My friends gave me this lovely French Press for my 60th birthday (been a bit ago) and I enjoy it so much. If you are a coffee drinker, you might want to try this. One of my coffee shops serve pourovers, which is almost as good.
9. Recipes – I am so grateful that I can go online and pull up pretty much any recipe I wish. It is so convenient. While I still rely on the old family cookbooks, too, I enjoy the ease of finding recipes online.
10. YOU! You are the most wonderful person to read this far! And now you get a chance to share your TTOT!! Go for it! Go ahead… Boom! It’s done!