taken at JC Raulston Arboretum – Raleigh NC by Lisa Tomey
It’s time again to think about all the things to be very grateful about! Let’s get at it!
- Arboretum – Right here in Raleigh Nc, just a stone’s throw from my home is the JC Raulston Arboretum. I missed mentioning that we went here before my last thankfuls, so this is a thankful bonus! Here’s some info: JC Raulston Arboretum
2. Kindness Project – I had the opportunity to write up to five poems about kindness and submitted them. They did not get accepted, but I submitted them elsewhere. Hoping they find the right home where they can be loved on. I would share them here, but they can’t be published anywhere at all until they are accepted. I am thinking this is going to happen. Lessons learned long ago: Always have a Plan B!
3. Inktober! It’s Inktober time where each day you create an ink drawing to the prompt for that day. I have made it to today and today’s is still churning in my brain matter. Here’s what I have done so far. Here’s the link for Inktober if you would like to join: Inktober Information
5. New Adventures! A new grocery chain store opened in Raleigh. We went to check it out and while it seemed to make many people happy, it was not our cup of tea. I am grateful for choices. Many people don’t have the large variety of stores that we have here.
6. Fall is coming, really it is…I say as the temps of NC are still acting all summery. Mother Nature is promising to turn over the leaves very soon, so I am being patient and enjoying going out without worry of rain. Rainy days are stay in days for me, for the most part, so a day of sunshine means I can go about freely. WOOHOO!!
7. Those who regularly follow my blog may have noticed that I am putting more Medium links in here. This is because I write regularly on Medium and it’s easier to put things in one place and do a share link. But, not everybody uses Medium, so I am putting poetry on here, as well, starting yesterday.
8. Speaking of Medium! I am a regular contributor to The Cotton Thread and my first poem to be featured was Fall Fever, which I posted on here, as well. Here is the link to Fall Fever
9. Support – There is a group of writers who meet monthly at a bookstore and I love getting together and supporting one another. I am so grateful for the energy from this group.
10. And it’s time to come to a close for this week and to open a door for you, yes YOU, to join in TTOT and sharing your gratitudes! I doesn’t have to be 10, it can be 1 – I do know that the more we think in terms of being grateful the better the chances for turning those leaves into good mulch for growth and future harvest. Won’t you be my neighbor?