Collage by Lisa Tomey Bird, flower, tree collage
It’s that time again for TTOT! Let’s get at it!
- National Poetry Month – you know I would have to mention this firstly. This is my favorite month for events. It’s a challenge, but a good one to be able to write a poem each day. This year, I am combining what I have done in previous years. I am providing a prompt each day on my blog, plus adding other blogs for prompts. Then, at some point in the day, I post my poem for the day. Here is the link to my post for this day: National Poetry Month
- Spring has sprung! It’s beautiful outside and we have been taking short walks, always paying attention to social distancing and the point here is that hardly anybody else is out, except for the dog walkers and they tend to go to the dog pen.
- Grocery Delivery – I decided to give this a try. Since I also get a senior discount for trying it out and it’s time to avoid stores. It arrives tomorrow. I have heard good things, so we will see how it goes. I am feeling guilty for asking someone else to go out, but, at the same time, it provides a job. It’s a real Catch-22.
- Allergy meds – I am grateful for allergy meds for this especially polliny time.
- 6. Virtual Meetings – I had my first virtual poetry critique meeting this week. It was pretty darn awesome! I like that one of the folks was from Australia. It’s cool to be able to reach across the world. And I was able to get wonderful help with a poem I am wanting to submit for publication. It’s to go in my book, as well.
7. Dive into Poetry – This is an online poetry group which meets on Facebook. We just finished up March, but Jena decided to keep it open for April. I am behind, so I am grateful for this as well as the fact that I get to interact with other poets in there. Much of what I write in this group does not get published on my blog, saving for publications, since they don’t like pre-published works.
You can learn more about the classes offered by Jena HERE
8. Virtual Blogging Meetup. The Raleigh NC Bloggers has meetings online, thanks to one of the members putting this together. We meet tomorrow. It’s way cool! We have a large turnout for the live meetings and I hope we grow online.
9. Cary Writing Group – We have met once a month in Cary, but with the current situation this is not happening, but we did do a check-in, so I feel better with knowing how everybody is doing. You grow close in these groups and I like to know how my people are doing.
10. And this is for you! Come to the table and virtually dine with us.