Good Morning all my thankful people! It’s time for TTOT! Let’s get the party started!!
1. Kristi, the wonderful person who keeps us going on here, and I have been communicating outside the group. Yes! And I really enjoy chatting with her. Such positive energy! AND AND AND She went to my old town where I lived for 22 years (other than a couple of short leaves and returns). She even took a picture of the house I lived in from 1977-1992. Isn’t that such so sweet of her?
2. Inktober! It’s keeping me on task to do a post every day to respond to the themes. I am grateful for the opportunity to use my drawing skillz and to allow myself to fumble. It is important to me to not spend too much time on these drawings as I am trying to practice acceptance and it’s working, for the most part. There are some I spend more time on, but it’s usually because I change my mind in the middle of drawing. Here’s my weeks worth.
3. Weekly Art Group – I started back to going to the senior group for painting. We do a variety, but mostly watercolor. It’s a lovely group and a great way of getting a happy shot in the arm. I’ve been trying to get back to this group and it’s now possible since I made some significant changes in my life. I created some background art for blogging and such. Here’s a sample:
4. Super Short Story success! I have been trying to get these stories in the right hands and the two I submitted this week were both accepted. Here’s the first one and the next one will come out next Friday.
I will also be posting this on my blog later for those who prefer not to view on Medium.
5. Lately, I have been having sleeping issues and I started having my Kindle read to me. It’s working 🙂 This week it has been a lovely book of short essays and I enjoy them so much. They don’t put me to sleep, but the Kindle lady voice is soothing me. I do go back and replay where I remember leaving off. This is the book in case you want to have a look.
6. Weather – It has been so beautiful this week! It’s needing to rain, so they say, but I am enjoying the sunny days and cool nights. It can stay this way for a little longer.
7. Unsplash is an awesome way to get pretty pictures for blogs and such. It’s free and a nice courtesy to credit the photographer. I love it! I am so grateful for this. I use some of the photos for inspiration and color guides for painting. Here’s a pretty fall one:
9. Daughter finished swimming lessons and is now able to navigate deeper waters. WIN!!! I met her at the pool and she received a celebratory hot chocolate 🙂
10. And this is where you get a chance to share your gratitudes. Be it one or more, just hop on in and give us a try. Come jump in the leaves of TTOT!!