It’s Friday the 13th and Full Moon time, so there are going to be lots of memes and such about this day. I didn’t know what it was all about until maybe 3rd or 4th grade when we had to write a report about Friday the 13th. I think that I really did not understand what it was about, even then. I vaguely remember writing something about some kind of warrior god thingie.
Anyways. it’s time for the Ten Things of Thankful for Friday, September 13 or the week proceeding this date.
1. Good News for a close friend with health issues. One of my besties has severe headaches, similar to migraines, but caused by some more specific issues and she is going through some diagnostics, actually today, to see about a way to nip at least some of it in the bud. It makes my heart swell and my nerves are maybe a bit off as my hopes run high for relief. I know so many people with headaches that get to the point of being debilitating. I used to get them and am grateful that they don’t come as often as they used to.
2. Daughter is getting organized. A professional organizer has been helping my daughter with organizing her room. It looks leaps and bounds better and I am so grateful that this wonderful person has helped her. Shameless promo coming: If you know anybody in the area who needs an organizer who has the right kind of heart for the job, I can hook you up.
3. Jeffrey – My little brother would have been 60 on September 10 and I am grateful to have had him in my life and that he keeps letting me know he’s around.
4. Trekking poles – Some days I need these to get around and this has been one of those weeks. I am happy to have these.
5. Used Book Stores – I was looking for a specific book last weekend and hit a couple of the local used book stores. I didn’t find what I was looking for, but I found 2 books for super low prices, both of which serve my craft.
6. Family – For this weeks Six Sentence Story I wrote to the theme of “Cardinal” and it brought to mind the love of family and experience of loss. The responses to the story touched my heart and really brought to me the appreciation of having an intact family while growing up.
7. Unity – I am grateful for the unity of people who rally to support one another when the chips are down. I listen to “Tell Me Something Good” on the Bobby Bones Show and it always makes me smile.
8. Laugh-In – What a fun show about absolutely nothing but funny. Can we bring it back? I saw a remake of sorts, but it was nothing like the original. Still have your Go-Go Boots?
9. Tacos – Because I can.
10. And lastly, but not leastly this is your place at the table of thankfuls. Won’t you join in?