Happy Friday and time for TTOT!! Let’s get at it!
There are so many things to be thankful for. 1. The weather has been glorious and the pollen seems to have held back a bit so no achoos, too much. 2. Daughter has been making cards for kids who are hospitalized. She’s been a part of a card making club on Tuesdays, but with COVID-19 they are each doing cards from home and then sharing pictures. She has been coloring and creating some really beautiful cards. I will need to take some pictures to share, but if you are on Facebook you may see them. 3. Today, and I will do a separate post about it, I will be featured in The Short of It. Stay tuned! I submitted some never published poems and they accepted them, so I am honored. Here’s the information if you have something you would like to submit. Susi is awesome and a great supporter. 4. As a contributing author to this book:
I invite you to take a peek. Just click on the picture. Several people I know are in the book and I am excited to be a part of this!
5. On Saturday, the Poet’s Connection Meetup with be happening as part of Living Poetry. We met a couple of months ago but got sidetracked with the virus. So now we are on! It’s a part of Living Poetry and I am so grateful for their providing the space to promote poetry. This will be virtual, of course.
6. Last night about 20 poets got together for a virtual workshop, also as a Meetup through Living Poetry. Chris Abbate has been doing these workshops each year in honor of National Poetry Month. I have his book and it is awesome.
Here’s a video featuring Chris.
7. As you can tell, especially if you follow this blog, it is National Poetry Month and I have been providing a new prompt every day. Some days it is easier than others to come up with a prompt. It always makes my day when I see somebody has written and posted a poem is response to one of my prompts.
8. I have been busy, but it is a good kind of busy.
9. One thing that being holed up helps is to be able to focus on what tasks are at hand rather than procrastinating. I can’t say I have been doing any procrastinating. I rarely look at TV and there are several NetFlix shows I have yet to watch, but life is good. There are not enough hours in the day.
10 I am grateful for you and that you stop by and say hello. I need to catch up on my hellos and hope to do that very soon. I will start right here and hope you come online and share some hollers back!!