WHAT!!! It’s December already! Well let’s get this decorated with some Thankfuls!!
1. Art – I was able to work on a watercolor at the senior meetup yesterday, while everybody made it to the lunch beforehand, they had other plans or go to chatting long after I left the restaurant, but no worries. I had the whole art room to myself and got some good headway on my secret project.
2. Music – I learned yesterday that signing show tunes could help with Alzheimer’s. While I am a bit skeptical, but I do know that learning new things is great mind stimulation, I am trying to broaden my musical choices. I don’t think this has to be exclusive to show tunes and that’s a good thing because I know few. Daddy sang country music around the house, usually at night, while we were growing up. Later in life, post Alzheimer’s, he was more interested in country gospel and sang with some others at the assisted living. He did not pass from Alzheimer’s, but his cognitive understanding seemed to be later in onset than what you typically see. So, maybe there is something to this.
3. I Write Her Challenge is back up and running, thanks to Susi Bocks, the prolific writer who keeps us going with haiku and senryu ekphrastic interpretations. Here is this weeks: Circle of Life
4. I do not own a car, so therefore the calls I keep getting about my car warranty getting ready to expire are easy to delete from voicemail. I am thankful I don’t have to worry about my car warranty.
5. I also do not have charge cards, so therefor the calls I keep getting about my VISA credit card are not important. Whew am I ever so thankful for that!
6. I am thankful that I qualify for Medicare and that I have this insurance. And I am thankful they never call me.
7. 8. My brain scan came out perfect! And I am thankful that there are shots to help with the spine and I get round two on those this week and that they give me happy medicine to prep.
9. Angel Card Project is going and we have over 30 cards sent so far. Want to help? Go here:Angel Card Project
10. And now it is time for you to join in and share your cheer! Why not jump in?