Sunflower from Dorothea Dix Park in Raleigh NC
1. Sunflowers! Every year the flowers are blooming about this time at Dorothea Dix Park in Raleigh NC and we like to take pictures. Visited this last weekend, but just a few are blooming. Tomorrow there is a big event, but we won’t be attending that, but hope to get some photo opps on Sunday.
2. Vacation – We went away for a couple of days and swam at Hanging Rock State Park. It was such a pleasant day there and the water was just the right temperature. I could touch bottom all the way to the ropes.
3. 4. Art and Family Fun! We had the opportunity to see Mama and created some “fireworks” by blowing on paint dots with straws. Well, we got a little carried away and cheated with the straws a bit. It was fun to do this and to spend the day at the retirement home.
5. Poetry – I am participating in Dive into Poetry for this month and having fun with the various prompts. I am saving those poems, once edited, for my next book.
6. Six Sentence Story is still growing strong. Here’s this weeks at this LINK
7. Memories of those who have passed – I have been doing a lot of thinking and working through grief in all of its facets and this seems to have landed in my poetry world in the Dive group. It’s a good thing and as feelings come they are finding places to do their work.
8. Connections with those who are present – I heard from a dear family member this past week and it made my day and many more. When you have a soul connection with someone, it hurts when there is not enough connecting. I am grateful for my soul injection.
9. Swimming – I have not been to the pool as much as I like this week, but it only makes me appreciate it more when I can’t get there.
10. Peaches – Oh my goodness have they been ever so sweet!!! It’s officially peach season. It is short lived and greatly loved. I may have to go get some more and try making peach sorbet. I made some with strawberries and it was delicious. Of course, I made it sugar free, not that you would know it.
That’s it for this weeks TTOT! Why not join in? Just go to this LINK