I looked for images in a sidewalk crack photo and this is what I ended up with. Since then, I have taken more photos of sidewalk cracks to create more pictures.
It’s that time again to express Ten Things of Thankful!
Want to join? Go to this LINK
1. TAF Write Now Conference https://tafnc.com/ was last Saturday. It was an awesome conference. Highlights were: a class on documentary poetry with Jaki Shelton-Green Jean Claude Bemis Joe Finder and Erika Hoffman I learned a great amount and left with enthusiasm.
2. I finished out National Poetry Month, writing a poem a day. Here is my post about that: I Am Possible
4. Yesterday, a fellow poet and friend and I went on an art day at the NCMA. It was such fun to go out and take in the wonderful works of art. Here’s their website: NCMA I particularly liked the Wim Botha collection. That sculpture appears to be made of carved books.
5. I have time (a break) to create art and write. The picture for this blog post is one thing I made using images I saw in sidewalk cracks. This is part of a video class called Sketchbook Revival
6. Six Sentence Story is still going strong. Here’s this weeks post Say I Do
7. New poetry forms. I mentioned sestina before and I am working on one which is very challenging and LOVING it! You won’t see it on my blog as it is going in my book. Maybe a sneak peek, maybe…
8. I am now officially working on my second book of poetry and adding short story pieces. There was a target date, but I decided to leave it open. There is another writing project I’m working on and it’s caused me to slow my roll, in a good kind of way. It involves zombies and other characters and wouldn’t you just love to know…
9. My son, from another mother, is going to Spain with his beloved wife and my sometimes partner in crime. I am so happy for them and interested in hearing all about their trip. They are hiking there, well, not TO there, but while there. My younger self would have been all up in that activity! My older self says ouch!
10. It’s so beautiful outside!! Even with the achoos, it is so spirity out there! It’s like the spring fairies have danced around and blessed my days. OKAY… well, you get the picture…
10.1 Samesies on the weight this week, but that’s AOK because it’s normal to have a hiccup when you lose weight. So, hiccup n then back to dropping it like it’s hot.
10.2 Remember that secret project I spoke of last week? Stay tuned!
Still here? Why not join in? Go HERE and check it out!!
Have a beautiful week!!