I have decided to participate in the Ten Things of Thankful (TTOT) challenge. Here are my 10 things I am grateful for in the past week:
1. That I am Loved – Every day I am reminded of this and it makes all the difference in the world. I am so blessed with devotion and respect.
2. My Kid – She’s going to be 43 in February, but she’s still my kid and always will be. She is a blessing. It’s great to see what she’s done with her life. She leads well where she lives and she’s devoted to making a difference in other’s lives.
3. People went back to work for the government. Hallelujah!
4. Sticking to my food plan. Some days are better than others, but I am doing so much better. Lost 11.5 pounds since Jan 2. It helps tp have such wonderful support at home. Yay me!
5. Job opportunities for part time at home workers. They are there and I am grateful.
6. Quiet-I have always been one who needs some white noise or melody in the background while working on stuff, but I am getting more used to working without this sound. It came on me one day that I was writing in absolute silence and it worked. I don’t know if my brain is slowing down or catching up, but it’s nice to not have to think about it.
7. Hot herbal teas. I am trying to wean from coffee after mornings, especially on week days. It helps my sleep hygiene. Where did they come up with the term “sleep hygiene?” It sounds like a bath or shower before bed. That helps, too, but I don’t think that’s what they mean. And melatonin. I found a brand that works…not all are alike.
8. Fitness Center-We have one and use it. It helps to have a close place to get some exercise. And the walk there is a nice warm up.
9. Poetry-I participated in a Poetry Germination Workshop this past Sunday and it was great to get together with others with a common love for poetry.
This didn’t come from the workshop, but here is a poem I wrote yesterday. I try to write a small poem every day and work on others in my between times.
On Friday I am participating in a workshop about Sestina poetry. I set it up for my friend and fellow poet Aruna Gurumurthy, who has written several books, but her book Puppet Dolls is all Sestina poetry. You might want to take a look right here: Puppet Dolls
Soft blue, crocheted
Hand and heart into allure, feelings
like a new heart, new souls
enter her domain, cuddling
in the blanket, soft
protecting the skin, pink
cheeks and 10 toes, counting
turn around 3 times to a haze, blue
light in her eyes, looping
10. Cooking-I have been trying new things in the kitchen. That’s a given for me, as I have always liked cooking, especially trying new things.
Those are my thankfuls for this past week. What are yours? Would you like to participate? Click on this Link